Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Yesterday's progress...

This past weekend I went to a farmer's market. There was a painting that I thought looked pretty fun and I figured I could actually do something like it... maybe!? This painting had a bunch of splatters of colors except two squares that were splattered a lighter color. So, I decided to go with a flower on three seperate paintings instead of just the one. Well, this is what I came up on the simple paint program first thing yesterday morning...


However, before I show you that I should show you the desk! My mom said to go ahead and paint it, my dad said painting wood is silly... so, here is the 'before' of that project:

Okay, now back to the painting(s)...










The Final Result...

which will look nothing like this, by the way! ;) The colors will be the same as those in the closet and they will come out from the wall with the sides being painted the dark green color on the drawers. Can't wait!!!

4 comments:

Bruce said...

The desk looks awesome! It seriously makes it look like an expensive boutique piece! Good job! I think the painting will look awesome. Can't wait to see the final product!

e.brooke said...

I love it! I can't wait to see it in person! I lost the computer room key and we just found it a few minutes ago so I finally was able to see it! I like it alot!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Girl you have a gift!!! Looks awesome!!! Love you!

Amy said...

Ash, I really love the desk. I never would have thought to do that, but the green and brown go perfect together. I'm excited to see the finished product. The painting is going to be awesome too. Makes me want to do something like that in my house.