Monday, July 28, 2008

The Microwave...

So, I went to Utah last week to help Bruce and Elisa move. Mostly I tried to keep the kids occupied while Elisa packed and then her and Bruce would load thing up in the nights to drive them over to the new place and things of that nature...

Well, the realtor called them and said that the people moving into their home would have help Friday morning at 7am and wondered if Bruce and Elisa could be moved out by then. Well, it was a day earlier than planned, so Thursday after work Bruce and Elisa packed one more load in a truck and on the traylor. Well, when they got back to the new place Bruce felt pretty sick, so he stayed there with the kids while Elisa and I did the rest.

I'm not exactly sure that I was much help (reguardless of what Elisa's blog might say), but I sure tried. It's kind of hard to try and pack other people's things, cause there's nothing like wanting to find something in your new place and not being sure who packed it in what box or if it even made it to the house! :)

Anyhow, that night it was completely different! Elisa didn't care what box anything was in, or if it even made it in a box... she was done! We took a full load to the apartment and left it there while we took two cars back to the house for all the rest.



At that point it was pretty late and we were both getting pretty tired. Elisa wanted it to look real nice for the new owners, so we cleaned the best we could. I took out my camera so we could document our late night 'fun!' :)

This is a picture of me on top of the cupboard above where the fridge used to be... I'm taking down one of the surround speakers that we almost forgot all about.


















Not sure if you read Elisa's blog, but the microwave story was documented as well! Oh yes, the owners of the house wanted the microwave out, so there we were unscrewing the screws that held it in place.
It was funny, cause Elisa was standing there ready to catch the thing while I unscrewed it. But, it never fell!
We looked everywhere around the darn thing to see where more screws would be or if there was some ledge it was one... but nothing was found! Elisa even unscrewed the vents at the bottom to see if that was holding it to the wall somehow, but that didn't work either.


We even tried to pull REAL hard... we yanked and yanked, wiggled and wiggled and everything else we could think of, but it didn't budge. Hopefully the owners will figure it out. If not, I hope they saw the screws sitting there that we didn't put back in. Course, I guess those screws weren't really there for any good reason anyhow. :)

4 comments:

Bruce said...

That really was a good time. . . looking back! :) Thank you for taking pictures so we could remember always! :) Love ya!

Bruce said...

P.S. Those pictures make me look like I've been moving for the past week or something. How embarrassing! ;)

e.brooke said...

I think you look fabulous!

e.brooke said...

I think you look fabulous!