Monday, September 7, 2009

Days 4-6:

Day 4: Flying to Manaus...

Here's me playing around with the camera again.


My first time with green olives... I LOVE their orange juice!!!




This is probably definitely my favorite part about flying...





It's raining!





long islands in the middle of the river.



Building a bridge across the river... probably not easy!



Manaus!





Coming in for a landing.



Taxiing...



Views from another bus...





Day 5: Walking...





How tall do you think this playground is!?



Tiny!





I think I would want this, or the one above, on a wall in my house someday...



Lots of fruit probably coming in from the port.



That is a gas station for the boats.



A large hole in the sidewalk that I almost stepped into when I wasn't paying attention.



Another view of the houses on the shore across from us.



Loading the boat... scary business if you ask me.


Same sidewalk that the cats were in, but further along on our walk.



They saw me taking pictures, so they started to show off. :)



It was time to do laundry... tomorrow would be busy and the next day is Sunday.



Servant floor (between the entrance of hotel and floor 1).


We found it one day when the elevator was being slow.


We decided to take the stairs down three flights...


Turns out to be four! :)


I am eating the popsicle that dad loves!



Day 6:


Manaus didn't have painted school busses.


This was one of the extended busses.


I think they just hook two together.



We met up with a missionary from mom and dad's mission.


He met us at a bus terminal and took us to his father's home.



This is at his father's home. His wife was there to meet us too. :)





After visiting for a while we took him and his wive to lunch.

Then we headed back to the terminal to catch a bus to her mother's home.

It was a good visit. Dad shared his testimony with her mother and it

sounded like he gave her a missionary lesson or two.



On our way back to the hotel I was standing by these two girls on the bus. I got out some small crayons and paper (that Aunt Maxine had given me) and handed them each one. They were excited! A boy was sitting behind them and asked them for a crayon and their paper. He wrote on the paper and had one of them give it to me, but she was nervous to. So, he helped her give it to me. It said (in English), "Thank you! Have a nice day!" :) He probably learned that in school. He got off the bus before I worked up the courage to take a picture.



No comments: