Monday, September 7, 2009

Days 1-2:

After doing last minute shopping and repacking my bags, we headed for Rigby! My brother Jason was planning to take us to the airport so he could keep my car until our return. Tiffany and the kids were all ready to come see us off too! :)





Little did I know they were taking us to the worst flight of my life. It was nothing when you compare it with those Travis has been on, but I don't ride rollercoasters for a reason. Butterflies in my stomach... that's the reason!

If all the flights were going to be like that I was done with the trip already! Dad assured me the other flights would have much bigger planes... they did!

We took a flight from Salt Lake to LA (this flight had individual screens behind each chair so that we could listen to music or watch tv, it made the time go pretty quick! It also had GPS so you could watch the plane fly across the states). We had a long layover in LA, so Travis, Lindsey and Max came to see us! We had a late dinner (the restaurant's kitchen was closing when we sat down) and said goodbye before the day was completely over. :)


Our next flight was out of LA at 2am on day 2. That flight had movies playing above. It was pretty nice, but I was tired! The good thing was that I packed my pillow in my backpack and could bring it out during flight, the bad thing was that I can't sleep on planes. We made it to Panama City around 10am.



I was super tired, so we went straight to the hotel and took naps. After that we walked around the city for a bit and then got some dinner. It was a chinese place we ended up walking into. We both ordered small rice plates and shared a chow mein plate. If this was a small... I don't even want to think about how big the large one was! We couldn't even eat a third of it! I just wanted a little something because I was not feeling well at all. I don't think my mountain of rice shrunk at all.





After dinner we walked around for a bit longer, but I started to feel pretty bad, so we went to bed pretty early.

3 comments:

Elisa said...

Awesome! There are so many pictures that I love. My very favorite is the little boy that is to shy to look at you. I would totally put that on my wall if I were you! What a fun trip! I love all the little side commentary. Like Dad being prepared for the fire starting contest! Priceless! SO much fun! I am glad you took so many pictures!

Also, WHO looks that good when they are in the middle of the jungle? Oh wait. . . You do! Lucky!

e.brooke said...

Awesome!

At Home! said...

You seriously have many postcard prints here! Great photography. Thanks for taking all of those. It is so fun to see and hear about your trip. Next time I am coming! I want to catch a piranha! ;) What a great trip and what wonderful memories you will have of Brasil and especially of that handsome man you were with! ;)