Monday, September 7, 2009

Day 12-14:

Day 12: We got up and said our goodbyes to the staff here on the lake, then we were off!




Here is that bridge again.
This time we were on the opposite side to catch a bus.
The bus would take us over it and towards the yellow river.

This is the canoe we came in.



After the long and scary bus ride we got on a boat to take us back across both rivers.


This is a huge bridge leaving Manaus that is just being built.



We got to Manaus, drove back to the guide office,
then drove to a fairy and waited to get on.
Here is a picture from the top deck of our fairy.










We made it to the shore, drive for an hour or two, and came to our destination!
Originally we were going to take a boat from here out to the islands.
But, there was a dolphan right here, so we just enjoyed this one.












It was pretty late by the time we drove back to the fairy.

Then we had to wait for a long time to catch one... there were loads of people!



It was a great day! We got back to our hotel tired, so after doing a little laundry and using the internet to e-mail friends/family we were ready for bed!



Day 13: We got up, got all ready, and headed to the bus. Today was another day with the missionary that served with mom and dad.


He, his brother, and their dad took us to see a fruit market.





Then we took them out to eat. Yummy!



After dinner we went to his mother-in-law's home again.


Her little brother (at least I think he was her brother) was asking his mom about me. I had given him crayons the weekend before when we had come to visit them and I guess he liked them (they gave them to him after I left). He was too shy to actually look at me, but I wanted a picture with him anyhow. I love this picture!



This is me walking to the bus stop from the home above. It was rather hot there. :)



This is where I bought a few things.




1 comment:

Elisa said...

Came back and. . . YEP, that's still my favorite picture! :)