Monday, February 25, 2008

Snowblades... Hurray for FUN!

So, last Saturday my ward went on a night ski trip and a few days before it I was looking at rental prices and found out that I could rent snowblades and boots for $10! That sounded great to me, because it was half the price of the regular ski package. Who even cares that the regular ski package comes with poles... who needs them!? For $6 (the price of renting poles) I could go out to eat or get some caned soup.

Well, if you don't know what snowblades are (I sure didn't before last week)... they are very small skis that look like the following picture:


Well, I decided to try out the blades and my roommate Candace, who is in a snowboarding class, got excited about jumps and a half pike that they have there, so we decided to try them out. I wish we would have had a camera!!! Next time we're going to definately have to take a disposable camera along so I could properly document the good times. The half pike was a little scary, becuase I don't really like steep dropoffs, but I went for it! I think I bent my arms back more than they have ever been bent before on a couple falls on it, but oh well!

Then there was a thing called the box, which doesn't seem to be meant for skis. But, then there were the jumps. I went off a little one my first time and basically went up and then down the other side. But, by the end of the night I got some great air on some bigger ones and actually landed a few! I can't tell you how sore I am today, but it was well worth it!!! I recommend great jumps next time you go skiing or snowboarding... maybe you should even try out the snowblades! :)

6 comments:

Bruce said...

Oh my goodness you are BRAVE. Were the snowblades super fast? You are amazing. I LOVE all the adventures you are having. You go Girl! :)

Roger and Victoria said...

Crazy girl! I love it!! I'm so glad you are having a blast...even if you are a little sore. Go do it again so we can see some pics!

Lindsey Ricks Benedict said...

You are hilarious! I so wish I could have been there to watch.. key word being watch. ; )

Amy Stanger said...

Ashley, I love the whole thought process that led you to rent the snowblades - canned soup and all. I mean you really do have a point. A person has got to eat, and if you can eat and damage yourself while having fun at the same time (as damaging yourself, not while eating...uh...)why on earth wouldn't you - that is if you're you. I would probably be the photographer or the person sitting home drinking a gallon of hot cocoa.

Our Family said...

Too cool! I can't wait to try snow blades. We haven't had a chance to go skiing in a long time. You'll have to give me some tips.

Jake and Annika said...

What a brave girl you are! Ben and Jordan tried to get me to snowboard once... never did it again. What awesome adventures you're having!