Friday, September 19, 2008

Name the Chick!!!



Well, we got to pick our chicks today! So, I tried to pick one that was active, hoping that means that it will not die in the next week and a half. Anyhow, after we picked them we had to mark them so we could tell which one was ours!

I decided to use my artistic abilities to show you a 'photo' of what you would see if you happened to be standing above my chick. :)









You can't really tell the colors in the drawing. But, the head is green with a blue border. The stripe down it's back is green and the dots are blue, just so you know!

Oh, and after picking one that was active I marked him (most the other chicks hated this part, but mine didn't mind so much) and then it was sleeping in my hands for the next half hour!

I need help naming it. I was thinking I would name it 'Bug' since it looks kind of like a ladybug, but if anyone can come up with something better...

8 comments:

Bruce said...

Lady. . . or . . .

Found this on a website: "In the USA, the name ladybird was popularly americanized to ladybug, although these insects are beetles (Coleoptera), not bugs (Hemiptera)."

Since it is actually a beetle and not a bug and the fancy scientific name for beetle is Coleoptera how about . . .
Cleopatra or just Beet! :)

Anonymous said...

I think you should name it flicks.
It is short for my favorite pet's name. The pet was a horse and it didn't belong to me. It was on TV and was called Flicka. It was later made into a movie. You could remember my whole story every time you looked at your chick: flicks!!!

Anonymous said...

I love when "pets" is it a pet? Anyhwo, I love when they have human like names. Like....howie, frank, herman, Mack, betty you get the idea. But, bug really is cute too! Good luck! Let us know what you name him/her????!

Lindsey Ricks Benedict said...

Why not filet? They have a whole chain of restarants.. your chick could be famous. ; )

At Home! said...

I think you should name it after your fantasy football team being how it is a winner!

e.brooke said...

I like Philipa Sue.

Amy said...

What is this chick all about and why did you draw on it? Am I behind? Thanks for all of your ideas about food. I'm going to try some new things :)

At Home! said...

by the way, WHAT did you name your chick? :)