Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Blessings and testimonies...

I felt a little guilty for not getting up during our family's testimony fireside because I had so much I felt I should say. This post is mostly to express what I should have said then.

As I sat there listening to testimonies I began to reflect a bit. Tomorrow I will be graduating from college! If life would have gone as I thought it would when I was little, at age 25 I would be married with 2 1/2 kids and a dog. :)

Even though being 25 is far from what I had planned, I have been able to find great strength in my simple testimony and plenty of joy along the way!

Throughout school (for the past 12 years or so) I have probably had an average of 2-3 migranes a week. I have always been nervous that I would not be able to accomplish much because of this. If life was all about grades and getting the best jobs I would have given up. I am not saying good grades and a great job are not wonderful goals to have, but when I go to the temple I am able to see the bigger picture and I realize they are not the most important goals.

It has been 12 semesters of hard work, but I have finally accomplished something I never thought I would have! I have met some amazing people and have had a wonderful time learning. I am truly grateful to have faith in something bigger than this life of limited abilities and physical struggles. The gospel is amazing and I am grateful to be a part of it!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Thank you, Ashley! You are so amazing. I totally sympathize with that migraine thing and it seriously is a big accomplishment when you have them so frequently. Graduating is a big accomplishment WITHOUT migraines :) Congrats! You're done! Now off to Brazil! Oh, I forgot to tell you that I won't be getting that bunny so I won't be coming up there in the next few weeks afterall. sorry. I hope you have a fantastic garage sale without me. LOVE YOU LOTS!!!

Elisa said...

You girlfriend. . . are amazing! Seriously, I have learned SO much from you these past few years. You have a strength that is very admirable to me.

I hope to be more like you some day! Thank you!

HURRAY you graduated. I can't wait until you move by me! :)

Lanes said...

Ashley I didn't get a chance to say good-bye last weekend and I totally meant too. Congradulations on graduating! It's such a great feeling! Good luck with the things to come. Have a great time in Brazil! Love you!!!!