Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Birthday Idea...

Can I just tell you... I'm horrible with the whole birthday thing! I'm usually pretty good at remembering until the day of.I have 12 siblings, two parents, four grandparents, and 20 nieces and nephews (two of which are on the way)... that's a lot of birthdays (almost 38, to be perfectly honest).

So, lately I've been thinking a lot about a new method...

There are precisely 12 months in each calendar year. I was thinking that I could simply devote one month to someone (or 2 or 3 someones). It doesn't have to be the month of their birth and it will be a suprise to them! I would simply send them birthday cards and maybe a few fun things throughout the month...


What do you think?
Cop out extraordinaire or Brilliant beyond belief!?

8 comments:

Bruce said...

I think it is brilliant beyond belief. Who doesn't like to be recognized sometime other than their birthday? Great idea. What month am I??? ;)

Amy said...

Brilliant beyond belief. Jason and I have thought of the same thing. His sister and husband accidentally called me a month early on my birthday one year. It was awesome!

e.brooke said...

I can't answer this question yet because it all depends on which month you choose for me....

I will let you know how it goes!

Carlee Ann said...

Cop out! ha ha... j/k. It is a great idea. Have a trial year, so how it goes.

Anonymous said...

Remembering to recognize each family member one or two at a time in one year; Girlfriend, YOU are BRILLIANT!

Jake and Annika said...

Brilliant! You forgot to mention your 48 first cousins in your post, though.... :)

Lindsey Ricks Benedict said...

You can also go to birthdayalarm.com and input everyone's birthdays and then it gives you like a million reminders.. that being said I also like your idea a whole bunch!

Our Family said...

sounds way better that way. YOu can't get in trouble for sending them late!!! We do our "christmas" cards in June or July...