Saturday, November 22, 2008

One more thing...

I just remembered another experience I was going to add to my last post...

Yesterday morning our Principles of Learning teacher came in while we were working with our rats and wanted us to help her solve a problem.

She said that her daughter (age 13 or 14) is in a Home Ec type class and does not like it at all. She has not been doing the homework and has been getting a D in the class. Our teacher doesn't care about that particular class, but doesn't like the grade. She made her daughter give up her phone and said she couldn't get it back until she got at least a C in the class.


Anyhow, now her daughter still isn't handing in homework and she doesn't think she'll be able to pull up her grade. She can't back down, but at the same time she wants her daughter to have the phone for convenience sake.

So, my last piece of advice... choose your battles wisely. When you do pick a battle to fight don't back yourself into a corner like that and then make sure you WIN!

There is nothing more frustrating to a chick (rat, dog, horse, or possibly even a child) than a teacher that isn't consistant!

4 comments:

e.brooke said...

Amen!

You can add Husbands to that list as well...

Just ask Greg!!!

Amy said...

I just got caught up on your posts, Ash! Awesome. Sounds like you're learning tons. I'm so excited for you that you will graduate soon. The first girl in the family. I'm proud of you! Way to go.

Amy said...

And I'm so excited to see you in a few days!!!

Bruce said...

GUILTY!! Ok, I am stopping right now. Thank you for the lesson on disciplining smartly.